Friday 8 July 2011

This week's skewed comment on anime


I think I'm going to make this a weekly feature.  I don't believe I'll do the post the same day every week, since comments via Twitter come in all the time.  I'll just the right one when I see it!  That's exactly what happened just a few minutes ago.  Again, I'm not going to name the Twitter user that made this statement, only because I'm not trying to get people to rag on here.

anime is a grown mans excuse to watch kids shows

I always say that people have the right to their own opinion, and that stands true even with this statement.  With that said, I always look for the reasoning behind statements.  If someone takes a stance on a subject, I feel they should be able to explain where they're coming from.  That's what I'm looking for from this person.  I've sent out my message, and I'm eagerly awaiting the response.

Personally, I feel her answer isn't just offensive, it's flat-out wrong in one way.  To say that animation is for children only is like saying live-action is for adults only.  It just doesn't make any sense and simply isn't true.  Live action programming can be made for kids, and animated features can be geared towards adults.  How someone believes this is beyond me!

I'll be sure to keep you updated on what happens with this person.  I'd love to show her what anime is all about, but I think this person might be a challenge.  That's okay...I'm always up for challenges!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home